Light up your life
What is lightening up your life? There are many small things which can instantly lighten you up so that you feel happy and at ease for a moment. We have to appreciate more the small things we liked so much. Why shouldn’t a cup of hot chocolate be able to put a smile on our face? I don’t need the big things like cars, luxury weekend or diamond rings to be happy.
Make a list of what you like and you quickly realize that’s often the smallest thing which are sufficient. Here is the list of my favorites and be sure if I think longer and longer about it I will have a huge list….
1. Hot cup of chocolate or tea in combination with a good book or movie
2. My room just lightened up with lots of candles
3. Laying down on my bed under the wide opened window on a summer evening to listen to the sounds outside and breathing in the air
4. The smell of fresh washed bed sheets
5. Falling asleep in the arms of my love feeling just safe and sheltered
6. Seeing the smile in my neighbors face after she got dinner for free because I’m always cooking more than I’m able to eat.
7. Documentations about the most beautiful places on earth
8. Waking up in the morning and already smelling freshly brewed coffee
9. Walking with bare feet on grass
10. A short nap on a Sunday afternoon
11. Talking for hours with my friend or sister on the phone
12. Planning on how to surprise someone as the smile is already paying back enough
13. Listening to the birds chirping at five am and knowing that I will sleep now
14. Sometimes I hear a saxophonist in the middle of the night and the music is heard from far away but totally beautiful
15. Enjoy the silence after midnight when the city starts to sleep
16. Feeling the sun on my skin
17. Cookies and a glass of milk
18. Reading until I fall asleep
19. Sitting in front of the heater and warm up my back on a cold winter day
20. Listening to the sound of waves
…and so many more…